NeonKnights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NeonKnights

A Grand Fantasia Guild

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little 3 hour project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SolracZe

A little 3 hour project Empty
PostSubject: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 am

So, as some of you know I'm starting college soon as an instrumental performance major. I had to buy a large amount of software for classes such as ear training, composition, and music theory.

Today, while i was walknig my dogs, i was taken over by a little melody. Weird huh? a dog walk brings up a melody. Anyways, I decided to make something out of it with the new software I got.

This little project took me 3 hours long, a little piano piece i called "Their Meeting". This meeting, however, is quite short; a quick, 1 minute and 38 second meeting xD

This would technically be my first composition using any computer software (I've written like 2 pieces by hand before, but they are lost in my highschools archives of me Razz)

So if i could have a minute and 38 seconds of your time, go ahead and listen to it in the following link Smile

http://www.reverbnation.com/solracze

please write down any comments and concerns (should the be any concerns lol)

Enjoy!

p.s: It's still not 100% finished in the sense that it's missing dynamics (volume) and phrasing elements. Also, i tried uploading it here, but it kept on saying that the file was invalid, even though it was under 2 MB and an .mp3. Oh well, it's available for you all.
Back to top Go down
lolabird

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:55 am

Wow SolracZe. That sure was something..
I like it though. ^_^
Back to top Go down
SolracZe

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 am

Thank you! Very Happy

I've actually finished it now, I changed about 30 seconds of what was already there and added about a little over a minute with a completely different ending. I will post once I'm done finalizing it
Back to top Go down
SolracZe

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 am

Well, it is posted ^_^

It's more human-like playing now, instead of the mechanical "always one volume" deal. I feel like the piece got more interesting as it oges on, I hope you all feel the same as well.

Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/solracze
Back to top Go down
van150_xD

van150_xD

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 pm

It's awesome, Sol! Nice one! (^ ^)b
Back to top Go down
SolracZe

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:54 am

xD Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Aethna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am

I liked this piece very much, especially near the end, it has a very sweet closing tone like fading out..memory..thing.

Back to top Go down
SolracZe

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 am

I stole from Chopin for my ending, his Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 to be exact. it's one of my favorite piano pieces, so i decided to make a mini tribue, just with a tone difference and a slightly different effect at the end

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRO05WcNDk

just skip to the end and you'll see what i mean. unless you want to listen to the whole thing, then go ahead xD

Thank you for the comments, really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little 3 hour project   A little 3 hour project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little 3 hour project
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NeonKnights :: General talk-
Jump to: